Sunday, June 8, 2008

Rio Cash

I went over to play cash at The Rio again last night. I got there and there wasn't yet a 2/5 PLO8 game open but there was a list and a game would likely open within a couple hours. I jumped in a 10/20 O8 game for the mean time, well after a 45 minute wait for a seat. I really am just not so sure what the huge draw is for going and waiting in a loud crowded room so you can sit with some moron who is going to do nothing but yammer in your left ear all night when you could just jump in a bunch of on-line games and relax and make money. Anyways, such was my choice to go to the Rio and play a live game as there was money to be made. I piss around in the 10/20 game never really getting up much or down much when the 2/5 plo8 game opens around 9pm. I happen to be far enough down the list that they fill a table and I am first to get a seat when someone leaves. No big deal, right? Well, it takes until 2:00am by the time anyone leaves the game and I actually get a seat. Over these 5 hours I have this ADD inflicted loud mouth clown do nothing but talk 150 words a minute in my left ear while I get sleepy and bored in a 10/20 limit game. As I go over to the 2/5 plo8 game Doghouse is there playing and there is another obvious target at the table who is getting carved up pretty well. He is already down 2k in the game and I could see from 20 feet away that he really had no place being in the game. Anyways, within a rotation of sitting down Doghouse says he is tired of getting no cards all night and packs up, the fish says he isn't feeling like donating anymore and knows the game will probably break when he leaves but says he is done. So, now I am left with people who can play and above and beyond that I am left with some guys who absolutely crush this game on-line. I met about 4 more people that I play with on-line a ton. I am now sitting in a game where no-one is giving away an inch and I am probably too drained to play good poker. Well, it did not turn out well. We finally had a hyper aggressive European player sit at our table but I proceeded to give him close to 1k like an absolute moron over two hands that I played like someone just learning the game. I should mention a nice pot I won soon after I sat in the game against an ultra tight player. I have A235 and bet pot in position, this tight player reraises me to about $120 preflop and I make an easy call. At this point this guy has to have AA or A2 suited minimum. The flop comes 678 and I check the action to him. He checks as well. The turn is a blank J and I bet the pot for $250ish and he calls quickly. So, at this point I am sure he has A2 with some kinda touch and I am in line to get quartered hard unless maybe I am drawing live to a 4 for a gutter low end straight. The river is a beautiful little deuce. If he has a2 at this point it is going to be very hard for him to call a pot bet even though he knows he likely has the best high hand. I fire $500 at him and he tanks for a bit and angrily folds his hand. Later in the night he mumbles something to me about stealing his pot from him. I said, absolutely I stole your hand from you.....I guarantee you were winning the high, and if it was so obvious I stole half the pot from you maybe you should have grown a pair and made the call. Now, on to the horrible play against the weird Euro dude. He wants to pot every hand preflop in which he has good position. On the button he pots the hand and I call with Kc2c3c4h. A pretty loose call to say the least but I really think this guy is the only real way to make a big pot in this game. The flop comes AcJc9h so I flop the nut flush draw with the backdoor low draw. He pots the flop and I just call. the turn is a 3d and I now have the nut flush draw and nut low draw with touch on the deuce. He pots the turn and I make what is about a $350 call. The river is a blank Kd and I don't feel I can get him off his hand with a bluff so essentially surrender by checking to him. Now, when I look at the math in this hand I really am not too out of line at any point for playing the hand the way I did. But, I should not be allowing myself to get into pots of this size completely out of position where I am leaving all the chance of wining up to the cards. Shortly after this I made a brutal $400 bet into him when he actually had the nuts and I had to lay to a reraise. Now, he leaves, I am tired, tilting, and playing with nothing but on-line pros. I actually have enough sense to get up with my $600 and change I have sitting on the table and go home around 6am as there is no doubt I was going to piss it all away if I stayed in the game. I lost about 1k on the night....blah

1 comment:

martin said...

CelebPoker.com are launching our inaugural €1,000,000 Guaranteed Poker Tournament, to take place on the 14th of December 2008 at 19:00 GMT. Satellites start on the 13th of October, and will be running for 9 weeks right up until the final on the 14th of December.
___________________________________
martin

Win a share of 1 Million Euros for 5.50