Friday, June 6, 2008

Caeser's $340 NL Hold'em Megastack

I played the Caesar's Megastack tournament today and the tournament structure was great along with a relatively weak playing field of close to 600 entrants. I was basically card dead for 4 and a half hours and chipped up from starting chips of 12,500 to 15k when I bust out late in the 5th level. I have 55 on the button. Cutoff decides to raise it to 2k with the blinds at 300/600 and I call along knowing the sb is folding as he mucked out of turn. I think with position I may be able to take down the pot if the original raiser misses. Anyways, flop comes 5d6s7s and the raiser leads out for 2k, I raise it to 5k and he calls quickly. The turn is a nice 10c and I think the guy must have some sort of draw so I jam all-in for my remaining 8k. He tanks for awhile and eventually calls with A4 and spikes an 8 on the river for a straight. Well played sir, nh......when the cards come over on the turn he says something like, oh I guess I only have two outs....well I hope he meant two cards to hit and not two outs, anyways not a surprise to get it all in as an 80%+ favorite and lose to the clown. That's tournament poker, lots and lots of frustration on more days than not.

Gonna head over the Rio and jump in some cash games. I really hope the 2/5 PLO8 game gets off the ground again tonight.

No comments: