Friday, June 19, 2009

2009 - Revive the Blog

I have had some requests to fire up the blog again for this year's Vegas adventure. I'll do my best to post regularly while I am away. I will also be twittering some updates while I am in tournaments for anyone who is interested in updates as they happen. My twitter ID is QqJjKk. Last year's blog was quite poker heavy so I will try to keep the twitter account more poker driven and the blog as more of an overall wrap-up for all my Vegas happenings.

I have had a great year of poker over the last 12 months. By far my best year as a "professional". Over the past year I have really become a cash game player. Last year at this time I was still making the transition from playing mostly multi-table tournaments and sit 'n go tournaments to getting involved in ring games. I have had a real mindset change insomuch as it is tournaments that frustrate me now and cash is my comfort zone. There has always been more money to be made in cash games but with more money comes more volatility. I just think I finally got to the point where I had myself properly bankrolled to handle the swings and from that point on I just continues to excel. Most of my play has been on Party Poker. The site doesn't get nearly as much traffic as Poker Stars or Full Tilt but the games are softer and I seem to fair extremely well there. Instead of butting heads against the regulars on Stars and FTP I have been doing nothing but putting in hours and hours on Party and reaping the rewards.

I just recently went to Vegas for a weekend to play in the largest Pot Limit Omaha HI/LO (PLO8) tournament that has ever been offered. I will make another post to sum up my experiences for that weekend. This Sunday the 21st I am headed back to Vegas with my buddy John and we will be staying until July 5th. John and I will be targetting a bunch of tournaments over the course of our stay with our main focus on the $1,500 PLO8 WSOP event that starts June 25th.

If anyone has any requests for the blog please feel free to comment. Hopefully this year's blog will be a little better spirited and have a lot more success sprinkled into the recaps. Appreciate those who read the blog and hopefully this year's shorter trip will be a little sweeter.

No comments: