Saturday, May 31, 2008

In Vegas

Landed in Vegas without any problems on Friday night, well other than the taxi line that was a sea of people. I got checked into the Imperial Palace. I was hoping there would be a big line and I could bypass the general masses with my Platinum Harrah's card but alas there was no line for anyone and I got checked in with ease. I headed to the Rio to register for WSOP event #2, a $1500 NL Holdem event. As of last night there were already close to 3,000 players registered and there will be hundreds more registering this morning. For some reason a lot of players really love standing in line and registering for tournaments at the last minute. With such a large field the tournament will be split in two and have two starting days. I decided to choose today as my starting day as there is a $150 O8 tournament I would like to play at Binion's tomorrow. If I am lucky enough to survive day #1 then I will resume play on Monday when the remaining players are combined together. I assume about 75% of the players will be knocked out on their day #1.

The tournament structure provides 3,000 starting chips with 1 hour levels and opening blinds starting at 25/50. Day 1 is slated to commence at noon and play for 10 levels which with breaks will have people playing until a little past midnight. I will make another entry later with information on how my day went. Hopefully, I will be reporting on a chip stack and not about an exit story.

I'm off to the Rio now to find out where I actually start to play. My entry card shows me located in the "Buzzio" are which is not the main WSOP room. Last night I saw that there were about 15 tables set up outside of Buzio's seafood restaurant so I might be starting there away from the main tournament room.

No comments: